Saturday, November 19, 2011

Something Three-Dimensional

I've been busy working on orders lately, but I always have an easier project on hand for when I'm feeling tired.  This is one of my latest efforts.
It's what I call a 'teaching pattern', as it uses six different techniques, designed by Diane S. Hertler and it was published in Bead and Button magazine.  The original pattern called for size 11 Delicas, I used size 15 Japanese seed beads which are quite a bit smaller.  As you can see, it works out to be pretty right for a 1/12th scale miniature.  I'm interested in exploring more three-dimensional work with beading so you can expect to see more of this type of thing in the future.
What I like most about this little backpack is that it has a pocket in the front, and the flap opens so you can put school supplies in it.
It also has straps at the back, so it could be worn by a miniature 'person'.
In case you're wondering, it is sitting on a miniature silk braided rug I made some time ago, and underneath that is a full size crochet doily.  Now I have all sorts of ideas running around in my head for things I could make using these techniques!  In the meantime, this little backpack has found a home in my miniature beading shop.

5 comments:

Ascension said...

Es una mochila fantastica, me encanta su color.
besitos ascension

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

Cute Bev!! I was having trouble picturing a beaded back pack when you mentioned it, thanks for the pics.

Elga said...

It is beautiful and something quite different and unique, would love to see what you try next!!!!

Bev said...

Hi ladies, thanks for the lovely comments. You will have to wait and see what I come up with next with the three-dimensional miniature beadwork, but I can tell you I'll be using even smaller beads. But in the meantime I'll probably post some more jewellery I have made soon.

elis said...

Wonderful! I love it.
Hugs.
Elis