Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Surprise Gift arrived!

Actually the gift arrived a little while ago, but I have only just got around to photographing it. This was from a very dear friend who is also a miniaturist, and she has excellent taste!

These are 1/12th scale dollhouse miniatures made from porcelain by Joyce Barmore Sterk. Her website is here and her Etsy shop is here. The llama vase is painted with a scene on both sides - here is what the reverse looks like.
I just love the green vase - I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to do the cut out work on such a tiny thin piece of clay - and I thought I was mad - I think I've just found someone else a bit madder! The shape of that vase is so unusual, it really is something special. The surprise addition of a hand sculpted llama statuette completes the set. The handmade flowers came with it, and the purple ones are so delicately shaded - just beautiful!

Now the friend who gave me this gift probably doesn't know it, but I have been interested in Peruvian and South American art for years, so this is just the perfect gift for me. I know she will read this, so thank-you good buddy!

No comments: